Notice of Opportunity for Involvement in the Curriculum Development Process
Parents, students and teachers, please see important information below from the Deputy Minister of Education regarding opportunities to become involved in curriculum development.
Got Yearbook? Yes! We Do!
The 2015/16 Yearbooks are in and will be distributed at lunch time in the Atrium.
Come on down and pick up your memories!
Orange Shirt Day!
Orange Shirt day is this Friday, September 30.
Orange is the colour!
Every Child Matters
Please check out this link for more information on the origin and meaning behind Orange Shirt Day and its importance. http://www.orangeshirtday.org/
It Is Picture Time!
if you missed school pictures, don't despair!
Retakes will take place on: Friday, October 21
Order Forms are available at the Front Office
We encourage all students to have their picture taken even if you are not planning on purchasing individual portraits. Pictures are used for identification purposes in our Student Information System as well as the Yearbook.
Student and Parent Login
Students and parents can check attendance and course marks by clicking on the link below:
Breakfast Club is in Room 204 every morning from 8:15-8:45
Don't go to school on an empty stomach.
Roundabout Delay and Bussing/Parking Implications
We have been informed by the City of Wetaskiwin that the expected date of completion for the roundabout project at the intersection of 47 Street and 50 Avenue has been delayed.
As a result of the delay some of our buses regular parking locations have been affected and they will need to be moved from their regular parking locations to a temporary parking location until the roundabout is complete. The new parking location for our affected buses will be as follows:
- WRPS Buses will be parked facing west on the north side of 49 Avenue
- Hobbema Transport Buses will be parked facing east on the south side of 49 Avenue
- WRPS Special Ed. Buses will be parked on 47 Street at the southwest corner of the high school grounds.
The estimated completion of the roundabout project is October 1, 2016. Buses will continue to park in the temporary parking location until this date.
Parking and School Access:
With this disruption, we expect traffic in the areas adjacent to the school may be extremely congested. Here are some things we would like anyone who accesses the school to be aware of:
- There will be no parking on the east side of 47 Street from the corner of 48 Avenue northward. This area is for bus traffic only.
- There will be no parking on the north or south side of 49 Avenue between 47 Street and 47a Street, this area is for bus traffic only.
- Staff and students will park in the recreation grounds lot. There will be only one access to this lot. Parking will be accessed by travelling east down 48 Avenue and then travelling north behind the east side of the school. This narrow roadway will be busy, and the drivers must travel slowly and use caution.
- Parents are asked to discuss the need for caution with their students who are driving and walking. We expect there will be times when pedestrians and drivers will be sharing this area.
- The school does have video surveillance on the east side of the building. Staff will monitor traffic flow in that area. Any drivers who are observed crating risk will be reported to RCMP.
- The main point of entry for bus students will be the front doors on the west side of the school across from 49 Avenue.
- The main point of entry for students who drive will be the south east doors by the gym.
- All guests must report to the office upon arrival to the s hool
We are excited to begin the new year, and we expect everyone will work together to ensure a smooth start-up.
Garth Rapson (Transportation Manager, WRPS)
Audrey Looker (Principal, WCHS)
Ready to Roll...Sheds for Sale!
There are 2 of each size.
8x8 @ $30/ft = $1920
8x10 @ $30/ft = $2400
All are sided with 1 foot over hangs and aluminum soffits and fascia has been installed. They sport 4'X6' doors.
If you would like more information please call the office and ask for Mr. Winters, before or after regular school hours.
On Line Payment Option
Wetaskiwin School Fee Payment Just Got Easier!
Wetaskiwin Public Schools is excited to announce our new online payment system! In an effort to reduce time, money and paper waste, parents of returning students can avoid the long lines of school start-up and pay their children’s school fees through a secure online website that is accessed through the school district’s website.
If you are a parent who has multiple children at multiple schools, they will all appear together under your online payment parent account. With a few simple mouse clicks, parents can view assessed fees, any outstanding balances, and pay for all of their children in a single transaction. Payments can be made by Visa, MasterCard and Interac Online.
As a Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools parent, you have the option to pay a number of mandatory and elective school fees online. Our fee management and online payment system is an easy and secure way to pay school fees from the comfort of your home or office.
When can I use the Online Payment System?
Parents of children at participating all Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools can pay for fees online.
What are the costs associated with using the Online Payment System?
When using the Wetaskiwin Online Payments System, parents will not be charged any convenience or transaction fees. They will only be charged for the cost of student fees.
What types of fees can I pay for online?
- Instructional Material Fees (IMR) fees
- Student insurance
- Program/Course Fees
What can a parent do with the online payment system?
- Pay selected school fees
- Make fee payments for all students in your family at one time
- View your payment history
- View all your upcoming fee payments in one place
- Print payment receipts
- Print student account statements
What are the benefits of using the online payment system?
- Accepts credit card
- Provides a convenient and secure transaction
- Available 24 hours a day
- Convenience of paying multiple fees in one place
- Accessible from anywhere there is an Internet connection
- Saves school office staff the time of manually keying payments into accounting and student fee information systems
- Streamlines fee management and collection processes for parents and the district
- Provides better fee reporting at the school and district level
Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools does not store or keep your credit information. All fee transactions paid online are processed by a third party (Moneris).
How do I use the online payment system?
- Please go to Online School Fee Payments
School Supply List for 2016-2017
WCHS students will need binders, loose leaf paper and dividers for their courses as well as a supply of pens, pencils and erasers.
Math 10-C, Math 20-1, Math 30-1 and Math 30-2 students will need a Texas Instrument Calculator in one of the following models:
TI83 Plus Silver Edition
TI84 Plus or
TI84 Plus Silver Edition
Registration Guide 2016/2017
Please click on the links below to get to our 2016/17 Registration Guide:
If you require a registration package, please click on the link below:
Registrations for the 2016-2017 school year are now past due. Please turn in your signed registration form indicating any necessary changes and your class choice sheet to Student Services as soon as possible.
Follow Us on Twitter!
Students and parents, please follow us on Twitter! You can find us by searching for: @wchschool
Our goal is to inform you of upcoming events that will be taking place at the school, and profiling some of the many positive things that take place at WCHS.
Alberta Education recently set up myPass for students to access, view and order their diploma results, transcripts, etc. Results statements will no longer be mailed to students. Students need their 9 digit Alberta Student Number and a non-school related e-mail address (NOT the wrps g-share) to create an account on the website.
If you do not know or have your 9 digit Alberta Student Number, it is on your report card which will be mailed to you in early July. Click on the link below for instructions on how to sign up for your mypass account.
The Government of Alberta has awarded Wetaskiwin Composite High School a 19 million dollar grant to conduct a major renovation and modernization. Please click on the link below to view the upcoming modernization plan slated for September 2017.
WCHS Modernization Plan (1.3 MB)
August 25, 2016: Modernization Photos
February 20, 2016: Modernization Photos Set #6
January 14, 2016: Modernization Photos Set #4
January 13, 2016: Alberta Health Services Environmental Inspection
Think Digital Citizenship!
What does digital citizenship mean? The division's Responsible Technology Use Agreement outlines what a student and staff member should, and should not do when using technology. We all have a role to play.
Accountability Pillar Information for Parents
As an annual check-up on the education system, the Accountability Pillar provides an opportunity for Alberta Education and school authorities to ensure that we are equipping students for success.
The Accountability Pillar uses a set of 16 indicators consisting of surveys of students, parents and teachers on various aspects of quality; student outcomes such as dropout and high school completion rates; and provincial assessments of student learning. Continue reading...
Board Meeting Highlights September 13, 2016
Posted on Sep 22 2016
Wetaskiwin Health Foundation Supports Hungry Students Wetaskiwin Health Foundation has announced a financial commitment of $12,500 in support of feeding hungry students. The initiative is in support of the Food Security Committee's…
Board Organizational Meeting Highlights September 13, 2016
Posted on Sep 20 2016
WRPS Elects Chair and Vice ChairWetaskiwin Regional Public Schools Board of Trustees elected the chair and vice-chair for the 2016-2017 school year at its organizational meeting held September 13, 2016. Barb Johnson will serve as…